This is the second in a series of three short modules which cover entry into an enclosed space, precautions whilst in an enclosed space, and procedures for an emergency in an enclosed space. In this second module, we identify the procedures which need to be followed while working in an enclosed space.
Legislation & references
- STCW A-VI/1-4 + relevant parts of A-II/5, A-III/5 and A-III/7 + A-II/1, A-II/2, A-II/3, A-III/1, A-III/2, A-III/4 and A-III/6, COSWP Ch15
- ILO Code of Practice on “Accident Prevention on Board Ship at Sea and in Port”.
- IMO Resolution A.1050(27).
- ISGOTT CH10 + refs in chapters 2, 7 and 14
The learner will be able to:
- describe the procedures to be followed while personnel are working in an enclosed space
- identify the role of personnel at the entrance to an enclosed space
- describe typical communication arrangements while personnel are working in an enclosed space
- identify other possible problems when working in an enclosed space and the procedures necessary to manage them
- identify the limitations of an Enclosed Space Entry permit
English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Korean
- Exmar Ship Management
- Maersk Tankers
- Seagull Maritime AS