This is the first in a series of three short modules which cover entry into an enclosed space, precautions whilst in an enclosed space, and procedures for an emergency in an enclosed space. In this first module, we identify the hazards and the procedures for entering an enclosed space.
Legislation & references
- STCW A-VI/1-4 + relevant parts of A-II/5, A-III/5 and A-III/7 + A-II/1, A-II/2, A-II/3, A-III/1, A-III/2, A-III/4 and A-III/6, COSWP Ch15
- ILO Code of Practice on “Accident Prevention on Board Ship at Sea and in Port”.
- IMO Resolution A.1050(27).
- ISGOTT CH10 + refs in chapters 2, 7 and 14
The learner will be able to:
- Identify the hazards associated with enclosed spaces
- List the preparations to be made, and procedures to be followed, before entry to an enclosed space
- List the personal protective equipment required for entry into an enclosed space
- Identify the entries to be made on an Enclosed Space Entry permit
English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Korean
- Exmar Ship Management
- Maritim Management
- Arco Limited
- Nordic Hamburg
- Maersk Tankers
- Seagull Maritime AS