Deck safety for anchor handlers
The aim of the module is to give all personnel working on the deck of an anchor handling vessel, the knowledge necessary to appreciate the hazards concerned and the actions required to allow them to work safely at all times. Information is given on how to control the risks associated with general deck work, work on deck during an anchor handling operation and when a vessel is towing.
Legislation & references
- UK Code of Safe Working Practices for merchant seamen (COSWP)
- Guidelines for Offshore Marine Operations (GOMO)
- UK Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) reports
- Marine Safety Forum - safety flashes and anchor handling guide"
- Be able to identify the reasons why people need to be reminded of safe working practices
- Be able to identify common hazards and risk control measures found on a vessel’s deck
- Be able to identify common hazards and risk control measures when working anchors
- Be able to identify common hazards and risk control measures when towing
"Advanced Inspection and Marine Services (AIMS) Seagull AS"
Operation & Safety