CES is one of the most used tools in the industry to evaluate crew knowledge; it was developed in 1995 and came with its first online solution in 2010. Since then the system has recorded several million test results and are currently installed with more than 350 companies worldwide. It consists of a question database with over 6500 multiple choice questions, specific to the knowledge areas defined in STCW. CES will assist you in the screening and recruitment process and to measure the knowledge level of existing officers and crew. It can also be used as an integral part of a promotional strategy.
The test function offers predefined test types with advanced randomization of questions to avoid users memorizing specific tests. The following tests are available:
- STCW test, predefined
- Detailed test, predefined
- Company specific test, to be defined by your company
- Maritime English, Reading and Listening test
Advantages of CES
- Easy to use from any PC, anywhere, anytime
- No need for any additional software installation
- Unlimited access for administration
- Identify training needs (wrong answer summary report)
- Test results stored and accessible online
- Company specific tests immediately available from any location
- Integrated in Seagull Training Administrator (STA)
« CES is the tool confirming what many ship operators suspect. With CES, we can construct our own Company-tailored test, use the test editor function or integrate STCW testing to reveal the strengths and weaknesses of any given crew. After analyzing the CES results, we then implement the necessary fleet-wide or individual seafarer training programs. Competence will increase, resulting in more confident seafarers. »
- Captain Kor Wormmeester, Crew Manager, Triton Schiffarts GmbH.