Seagull’s Psychometric assessment tool, Ability Profiling Program (APRO), was developed as a tool for recruitment. APRO came from a research and development project headed by the Norwegian Marine Technology Research Institute, supported by the University of Oslo, Det Norske Veritas (DNV) and the Norwegian ship-owners association. It is the only psychometric assessment program developed specifically for the maritime industry.
To ensure proper evaluation of the candidates it is required to attend a one day assessor course held by Seagull. The assessment consist of seven different test types specifically chosen to assess how a candidate perceives, processes and acts on information. In essence it measures speed versus accuracy.
The psychometric test has a standardized method of administration and scoring with the results quantified and compared with all other test takers.
- Developed for and by the maritime industry
- Reveals abilities which are considered important for performance onboard a vessel
- Present measures of these abilities in such a way that it is possible to identify the candidate’s strong and less strong potentials
- Helps you identify the differences in abilities between candidates
- Culture free
- Adds a missing piece of information when selecting candidates
- Helps you identify candidates you do not wish to hire
- Meets TMSA-2 standard, element 3, stage 4 – “…psychometric assessment should be used to confirm job competence before confirmation of employment”
As part of your company’s recruitment process, you can predict a candidate’s ability and performance early.