This course will define work at height; describe how to safely access working places at height and use of safety equipment. The course will also raise the awareness of risks with regards to dropped objects from work at height.
In this onboard course we highlight the importance of having a strong safety culture in combination with good knowledge and following best practices when working at height. When the course is completed you will be able to define the term working at height, identify risks involved, know safety systems, understand risks with dropped objects and prevent accidents with dropped objects.
On completion of this course a Documentary evidence will be issued.
Legislation & references
- ISM Code
- Code of Safe Practices for Merchant Seamen (COSWP)
- ILO`s “Code of practice for accident prevention on board ships at sea and in port”
- State what is meant by working at height
- Identify the dangers to themselves and others when working at height
- Identify how to access high work places safely
- Recognise safe methods of working at height
- Understand the risks associated with dropped objects and ways to prevent accidents associated with dropped objects
This course is intended for both those responsible for starting the job and for those executing the job.
Seagull Maritime AS